Get ready to rock your socks and strut your butt at No Pants 2018!
The 10th Annual Phoenix No Pants Light Rail Ride will be on Sunday, January 7, 2018. (Geez, we’ve been doing this for 10 years. Has anyone done every No Pants Ride with us?)
This ride is done in conjunction with Improv Everywhere’s No Pants Subway Ride and other No Pants Rides that will be going on all over the world that day. Make sure you’ve subscribed to our mailing list and RSVPed on the Facebook event.
Here are the details for the Phoenix ride:
- When: Sunday, January 7th at 1:00 pm (over around 4 pm).
- Where: 4 starting locations – details below.
- Bring: A backpack/bag and a Light Rail pass.
- Wear: Normal clothes – appropriate for the weather.
- Facebook Event: Right here. Please RSVP.
- Mid-ride Meetup: DeSoto Central Market (New Location!)
Rain or shine, warm or cold, we’re doing this and we hope you’ll join us!
HOW IT WORKS
You can wear almost any type of underwear you want – except thongs or g-strings. If you’re going to wear boxers we recommend you to wear briefs underneath them in case your fly separates – you can get in trouble for indecent exposure if you reveal too much!
Take your pants off on the light rail platform or before you get there. If you’re worried you will be cold on the platform, you can take off your pants after you board the train, but be aware it’s trickier with the crowd. If you wear pants to the event, bring a bag or purse to carry them once you drop your drawers.
Need inspiration? Check out the photos from our previous No Pants Light Rail Rides.
HOW TO ACT
Do NOT tell people you are doing a prank! While you’re riding, act as if nothing strange is going on – no matter what. Do what you’d normally do on the light rail – you have no idea why others are not wearing pants. If anyone asks, have a simple excuse prepared for why you’re not wearing pants – you were hot, you forgot them, etc.
We will have photographers on hand to take pictures documenting the event. We need everyone else to just act casually. If you bring a camera, be discreet and only take a few pictures. It’s supposed to look like a normal train ride.
Do not disrupt the Light Rail! While the Phoenix Police Department said that wearing your underwear in public isn’t illegal, don’t do anything dumb. You are responsible for all your actions during this event.
We have four starting points this year – two on the east side, one at the airport, and one on the west side. The groups will board the first train that arrives after 1 pm. Make sure you arrive in time to get a Light Rail pass from one of the machines at the stations! Each starting location will have at least one member of the Improv AZ core team to provide last-minute instructions if needed.
- West Phoenix – riders will board the first eastbound train from the 19th Ave./Dunlap stop at/after 1 pm.
- Sky Harbor Airport– riders will start in Terminal 4 (while wearing pants). Before 1 pm, remove your pants (publicly or in a bathroom) and meet your fellow pantsless riders next to the A-Z Kids Store at 1 pm. We’ll walk to the Sky Train and take it to catch the light rail at the 44th St./Washington stop.
- ASU Tempe Campus – riders will board the first westbound train from the Veterans Way/College stop at/after 1pm.
- Mesa – riders will board the first westbound train from the Sycamore/Main stop at/after 1 pm.
WHERE TO STOP
Everyone will exit the train at the Central Ave./Roosevelt light rail stop. Our mid-ride meetup will be at DeSoto Central Market (a few steps southeast of the light rail). They will have some specials for us if you want to grab a bite or a beverage. This is an all-ages place, so minors are welcome. We’ll stay here for about an hour or so, but you are free to leave early if you need to, or stay later if you’re having fun.
UPDATES AND PICTURES
Stay tuned for more information! The best ways to stay in the loop is to subscribe to our mailing list and please RSVP on the Facebook event – that’s where we will post any last-minute updates and where you can ask questions.
You can follow us on Twitter (@ImprovAZ).
The hashtags to use on Twitter (or Instagram, Flickr, or anywhere else is) #NoPantsPhx and #NPSR.
SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR THE MEDIA
We know you might show up at the No Pants Light Rail Ride. Please note, we tell our participants not to give interviews or pose for pictures during the ride unless you’re participating in the event. This is a “No Wallflowers” event so we hope you’ll don your favorite fancy skivvies and join in the fun.